Join a 30-year industry leader in this booming clinical diagnostics industry offering state of the art testing and consulting services.
- Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance & Disability
- Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing education programs
- Career growth and developmental opportunities
Title: Specimen Processor
Location: Santa Ana, CA (92704) *Please use zip code for a commute check, no other information is released at this time*
Shift: 10pm-7am (5 days/week with 1 of those days on a weekend day-Schedules made with 1 month notice)
The Specimen Processor receives and prepares samples for laboratory analyses and tests. Prepares samples on slides or other testing format, records required information and sends to appropriate specialty lab area.
Additional Responsibilities of the Specimen Processor include:
- Receives and prepares samples for laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various samples and illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of physician.
- Removes specimens from transport bags and splits as needed for multiple testing.
- Places specimens on slides or another testing format. Retrieves and prepares add-on’s and rechecks.
- Records information about specimens.
- Labels and numbers slides, specimens and submittals.
- Enters specimen data into tracking system.
- Make copies of submittals.
- Matches test slips with incoming specimens.
- Prepares work lists for each testing department.
- Verifies accuracy of information.
- Racks and bundles prepared samples for delivery to each testing department.
- Verifies samples are in correct locations.
- Assists other lab personnel with specimen storage and ensures Turn Around Times (TAT’s) are met.
- Reads, understands and follows applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), including safety and quality procedures.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Restocks supplies as needed.
- Participates in improving lab efficiency, quality and cooperation.
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Adherence to attendance-related policies and expectations is critical to this position.
Successful candidates for the Specimen Processing position will have general laboratory experience handling laboratory samples.
Additional requirements of the Specimen Processing role include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Laboratory skills and experience helpful.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong data entry skills required (speed and accuracy)
Connecting the Right Talent To The Right Organization!