PCR Laboratory Technician-Santa Ana, CA (92704)
Join a 30-year industry leader in this booming clinical diagnostics industry offering state of the art testing and consulting services.
- Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance & Disability
- Retirement Benefits
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing education programs
- Career growth and developmental opportunities
Title: PCR Laboratory Technician
Location: Santa Ana, CA (92704) *Please use zip code for a commute check, no other information is released at this time*
Shifts: (All shifts have varied days. 5 days per week You will be required to work 1 weekend day. Scheduled is given with 1-month advanced notice):
- Sets up and runs lab tests.
- Reads and releases test results.
- Performs equipment maintenance activities.
- Knowledge of lab equipment and procedures.
- Awareness of quality control and calibration.
- Developing knowledge of multiple specialties.
- Works under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment.
- Consult with senior peers on non-complex tasks to learn through experience.
- Applies job skills and lab policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks.
- Works on tasks that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Adherence to attendance-related policies and expectations is critical to this position.
Successful candidates for the laboratory technician will have some skills in a laboratory and operating laboratory equipment.
Additional requirements of the Laboratory Technician role include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Science Degree preferred (2 or 4 year degree)
- Laboratory skills, with experience setting up, running and reading lab tests and operating lab instruments.
- General science background, including PCR helpful.
- Attention to detail.
- Organized with ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
Connecting the Right Talent To The Right Organization!